COLUMN: In professional attire, real men accessorize

It doesn’t take a lot of observation to notice that men don’t have that much of a choice when it comes to business and professional attire. You pick a suit, usually navy or black, a white or blue shirt and match your tie.

But it doesn’t have to end there, and it shouldn’t.

Accessories are the hallmark of a man’s professional attire, even if we don’t want to admit it. The watch, the tie, the belt and the socks make or break one’s outfit. You can’t go overboard, but you don’t want to be too dull either.

By selecting classy and eye-catching accessories, a guy can really add a lot to his professional outfit. If one has a good belt, a nice watch, a classy, colorful tie and even a pair of snazzy cuff links, you don’t have to worry about anything else.

The combination of the accessories can make a guy’s outfit more than the sum of its bland parts.

Choose a watch that matches your belt and shoes. If you choose a black suit, match the suit with dark shoes, a black belt and sharp black watch. The same goes for a blue suit. A brown belt, brown dress shoes or boots and a leather watch make for a great combination with a navy suit.

And the accessories don’t have to be expensive or flashy, either, unless that’s what you’re going for.

Share and discuss “COLUMN: In professional attire, real men accessorize” on social media.