Women's Basketball signs former Duke guard

Former Duke guard, Crystal Primm, who played the last two seasons with the Blue Devils has signed a financial aid agreement and will transfer to Auburn, head coach Terri Williams-Flournoy announced Tuesday.

The 5-foot-11 guard is a consensus top-50 recruit out of Oxbridge Academy in West Palm Beach, Fla. Primm has to sit out the 2017-18 season per NCAA transfer rules, but will have two years of eligibility remaining, starting with the 2018-19 season.

“Crystal Primm will be a great addition to our program,” Williams-Flournoy said. “She is a superb player we recruited a few years ago, and we are very happy to have her join our Auburn family.”

The guard appeared in 65 of 66 games in her two seasons at Duke. She averaged 2.5 points and 1.6 rebounds per game as a sophomore. She played a large defensive role in Duke's NCAA Tournament run in last season. As a freshman, she averaged 4.6 points and 2.6 rebounds while playing in 32 games.

Primm was ranked the nation’s No. 23 overall prospect by Blue Star Report coming out of high school. She was a three-time all-state selection and named area player of the year by multiple publications. During her senior season in high school, she averaged 20.4 points, 9.3 rebounds, 2.2 steals and 2.1 assists while shooting 54.0 percent from the field.

Primm is the Tigers fifth signee heading into the 2017-18 season. She joins incoming freshmen Unique Thompson, Abigayle Jackson, Kiyae White and Isabella Lopez. 

Share and discuss “Women's Basketball signs former Duke guard” on social media.