Career Center fair bringing internships closer to students

tip given by business associates on how to be the most ideal student

For students seeking out some experience or for those in need of making some extra cash, the University's Career Center answered the call.

The Auburn University Career Center hosted their annual Fall Internship & Part-Time Fair filling the Student Center Ballroom with prospective professionals. This year's fair involved 45 different businesses, with 32 of these offering part-time or full-time internships.

Business partners of all backgrounds showcased their companies and shared tips on what their ideal intern would resemble.

“Your grades and classes are important, but work on projects outside of school in areas that interest you so you’ll stand out,” said Haitham Eletrabi, Tennibot representative. Tennibot is the world’s first tennis ball collector, programmed by a team of engineers.

Businesses that were interviewed drew an overall consensus that while high-grade point averages are good, extracurricular involvement is essential to standing out when it comes time to find an internship.

“Heavy involvement within the student body and community, as well as those who take the initiative to join leadership organizations, help set themselves apart in the recruitment process,” Lee Netherton, Dynetics part-owner said. “Who can help us grow and isn’t afraid of a problem they don’t know how to fix? That’s what we’re looking for.”

Dynetics is a leading provider of high-quality, high-value engineering, scientific, and information technology solutions.

Deciding the time of the internship can be just as important as the topic itself and can often take up a great deal of time. “You have to ask yourself, what semester do I want to do an internship,” said Mike Gardner, Gardner Landscaping LLC. “During that time, you’re being groomed for long-term employment.

The businesses present at the fair noted Auburn graduates for being exceptional employees.

“Bring something to the table no one else has” Brooke Davis, Uline representative said. 

Share and discuss “Career Center fair bringing internships closer to students” on social media.