City to hold CompPlan five-year update public meeting tonight

Residents of Auburn will have their chance tonight to weigh in on the direction the city takes in the future.

The City of Auburn is holding their first five-year CompPlan 2030 update public meeting at 6 p.m. tonight at the Hubert and Grace Harris Center located at 425 Perry St.

City officials will present proposed updates of CompPlan 2030, Auburn's comprehensive plan for town growth and development adopted in October 2011 and listen to feedback from Auburn residents.

The goal of the plan is to serve as a document that outlines a vision for the future of Auburn and shapes the city's policies going forward.

As a part of their continual evaluation of the plan, the Auburn City Planning Department has made recommendations for changes in the land use of areas all around town.

The plan's original development process involved input from the public. Every five years, or sooner if a major change occurs, the city will present recommendations for updates to the plan to the public for review before adopting the changes.

To view updated CompPlan 2030 documents and recommended land use changes, visit the City of Auburn's website.

Share and discuss “City to hold CompPlan five-year update public meeting tonight” on social media.