Students join the President for lunch on Cater Lawn

Cater Lawn filled on Friday afternoon as students joined President Leath and Aubie for lunch and games in the sun.

The University hosted ‘Lunch on Cater Lawn with President Leath from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. and gave students the opportunity to meet and speak with the President on a more personal level.

“It was a great chance to meet a lot of students. Janet and I wanted something that was relaxed and casual because it’s a good way to get to know someone,” Leath said

Leath said one of the main reasons for the event was he wanted to hear what is on students’ minds. “One of my goals is to enrich the student experience, and the best way for me to know how to do that is to talk directly with students,” he said.

Not surprised by what he heard from students, Leath said the majority of what students said was encouraging.

“Students love Auburn and they’re enthusiastic about making a difference in the world,” Leath said. “The enthusiasm and energy are awesome.”

The event was open to everyone and included corn hole and a free catered lunch. WEGL radio station played music for the duration of the event.

“Attending student events is one of the best parts of my job,” Leath said.

As for seeing the President outside of Friday’s event, Leath encouraged students to keep an eye out for him while he is out and about on campus.

“[I] enjoy eating lunch on campus. You’ll see me on campus a lot,” Leath said. “Janet and I also try to visit the student section during football games to say hello.”

If students are still not able to get into contact with the President in these extracurricular manners, Leath said to contact his assistant and create an appointment to ensure he will be available and in his office for a meeting.

Share and discuss “Students join the President for lunch on Cater Lawn” on social media.