Tiger Dining hosts inaugural Country Jamboree on the Greenspace

Tiger Dining's Country Jamboree brings free food, games, live music and prizes to the Green Space on Wednesday afternoon as students escape the classroom and have a snack.

The inaugural event was put on by Tiger Dining in partnership with the Beat Bama Food Drive with the purpose of showing off the variety of dining options on campus. Students gained access to the event by either bringing one canned food item or one dollar as a donation to the Beat Bama Food Drive.

In exchange for their donations, students were given tickets to use at the multitude of stands set up around the Greenspace. These tickets were then placed into a raffle for several prizes with the grand prize being a tailgate kit which includes one tent, two chairs, a corn hole set, one cooler and a case of Coca-Cola.

Students were given one blue and one green bingo chip. They used these chips to vote for the booth with the best food and decorations. The booth that won received bragging rights as the students top-pick over all of the other on-campus dining options.

Candice Nagel, the director of marketing for Tiger Dining, was very excited about the event and its potential. Though this is the event's first year, Candice and the rest of the Tiger dining team hope to make this event an annual staple of Auburn’s Green Space and give the Beat Bama Food Drive additional help. 

Nagel said the event gives students a different look at some of their old favorites on campus.

Places like Momma’s Fried Chicken and Biscuits in Foy Hall and Leila’s Pizza in Terrell Hall served off-the-menu dessert items as dishes. 

"This event gives students a new taste of what dinning has to offer,” Nagel said.

For the event, popular local country music band Blackberry Possum was hired to really provide "homey" music and create a comfortable atmosphere.

“It’s a lot of fun, I was excited to try food from places I don’t normally get too eat at," Kelsey White, freshman in undeclared science and mathematics said. "It also showed me how many options I have for food after class.”

Share and discuss “Tiger Dining hosts inaugural Country Jamboree on the Greenspace” on social media.