UPC hosts Screen on the Green with a showing of Wonder Woman

The University Program Council hosted their Screen on the Green Tuesday evening complete with a free movie, food and entertainment on the green space. 

Screen on the Green is a monthly event and with Wonder Woman as this month’s blockbuster hit.

The goal of these movies aside from broadening students' cinema experience is to strengthen the familial bond shared by everyone at Auburn.

“We want to create a community, Assistant Director of the Films Committee Channing Freeman said. " We want to be able to draw all kinds of people from all areas of campus to the green space to meet for a movie and some relaxation.”

The next film screening will be on Oct. 26 where the UPC and its films committee will be partnering with the Black Student Union to screen the popular horror film Get Out. UPC and BSU decided this is a spooky and fitting way to welcome Halloween to Auburn.

Along with the film, BSU will be hosting a panel about the movie and certain themes represented throughout. In this panel, certain scenes will be pulled and analyzed. Participation in the panel is not required, the panel is there for those who would like to get a more in-depth look at the movie.

Auburn student Taylor Miller saw it advertised on Instagram and said she could not pass up the free food and movie. Miller's attendance in a previous screening of Pirates of the Caribbea during welcome week encouraged her attendance.

Junior Noel Shorts found the event through his Facebook friends liking it. Noel said he was excited to see Wonder Woman for the first time.

Share and discuss “UPC hosts Screen on the Green with a showing of Wonder Woman” on social media.