Helena man, 19, charged with downtown burglary, theft of alcohol

The arrest came after an Auburn Police Division investigation into a burglary that occurred Nov. 25 at an apartment located in the 100 block of East Magnolia Avenue

Auburn police arrested Mackenzie Anderson Pampu, 19, from Helena, Alabama, Friday on warrants charging him with fourth-degree burglary and fourth-degree theft of property.

The arrest came after an Auburn Police Division investigation into a burglary that occurred Nov. 25 at an apartment located in the 100 block of East Magnolia Avenue.

The burglary victim told police that he returned home and discovered two individuals trespassing inside his apartment. After ordering them to leave, he discovered that they had forced entry into the apartment and took multiple bottles of alcohol valued at over $400.

Pampu was developed as a suspect by Auburn Police after a wallet containing Pampu’s ID was found outside of the victim’s residence. Pampu was identified as one of the people seen trespassing inside of the apartment.

After detectives obtained warrants for his arrest charging him with burglary in the fourth degree and theft of property in the fourth degree, Officers later located Pampu and took him into police custody, where he is being held on a $6,000 bond in the Lee County Jail.

The investigation is still ongoing, and police anticipate the second suspect will also be arrested.

Share and discuss “Helena man, 19, charged with downtown burglary, theft of alcohol” on social media.