COLUMN: Are UGGs coming back in style?

Yes, you read it right, it may be time to dig out your classic UGG boots from 2010 because their comeback has just begun. Perhaps the most worn shoe of a millennial’s childhood is, believe it or not, coming back into the fashion eye.

“In fashion, one day you’re in and the next you’re out,” said fashion icon Tim Gunn.

These wise words could not be more fitting for the UGG boot. There is a love-hate relationship with the shoe, but what is loved is the consistency and comfort of the product. However, the turn away is that the classic style isn’t always versatile.

A guilty pleasure when it fluctuates out of style and proudly worn daily when it is in style, UGGs have proven to be the trend we just can’t shake. Here are three reasons you should bring back the boots this winter.

Celebrity Spottings

Thanks to the media’s eyes on the streets, there have been many celebs caught in the comfort of a pair of UGGs this season, with some showing us you can even dress them up beyond your pair of leggings and a sweatshirt.

Jennifer Lopez was caught walking around the block in a pair of black classic UGGs worn with a plaid tea-length skirt, a white blouse and a puffy coat.

Rihanna was also spotted with the same pair but styled down with PUMA track pants and a coat. Therefore, not only is the shoe back in style, but the other colors beyond the original are as well.

Lastly, Kendall Jenner was spotted mixing it up with the chestnut classic UGGs worn with a pair of black jeans and an army green bomber jacket.

Serving as trendsetters, these fashionable celebrities should convince you to get back on the UGG bandwagon.

UGGs Appearance in Menswear Paris Fashion Week

Glen Marten, the creative director for the designer brand Y/Project, reinvented the trend on the autumn/winter 2018 menswear runway show in Paris. Although his version is a bit out there for every day wear, the trend was still brought up and will trickle down to the mass consumer level. Styled with T-shirts and jeans, Marten’s collection has inspired the resurgence of the chunky UGG boot this winter, and thus the world of high-end fashion is in support of the trend. No need to fear not being fashion forward.

Comfort

For this sole reason, why did we stop wearing them in the first place?

All in all, UGGs are one of the most comfortable pairs of shoes, and although they are sometimes criticized for not being fashion forward, that idea has been thrown out the window this season. Thanks to J. Lo, Rihanna, Kendall Jenner and Paris fashion, shoppers have been given the green light to bring back the best basic boot without compromising the ability to be fashionable at the same time.

Share and discuss “COLUMN: Are UGGs coming back in style?” on social media.