COLUMN: Ramen noodle recipes to make it through college

Ramen noodles are definitely a favorite among college students. They are easy to cook while being somewhat tasty, but let’s be honest ­— Ramen noodles could be so much better if we just knew how to add a little flavor.

Ramen Noodle Pot Pie

What’s needed: Four packs of Ramen Noodles, two cans Campbell’s cream of chicken soup, 1 1/2 cups of water, one rotisserie chicken, one Pillsbury crescent dough sheet (original), one can English peas and salt and pepper to taste.

Chicken pot pie just got a lot easier and tastier.

Cooking time for this dish is approximately 25 minutes. First,  heat the cream of chicken soup with water on a stove top. 

Then, spread the peas and chicken in a 14” by 9” casserole dish while boiling the Ramen Noodles. 

After draining the noodles, mix it all together in the casserole dish. 

Then spread the dough sheet over the top and stick it in the oven for 20 minutes.

Ramen Stir-Fry

What’s needed: Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, one small yellow onion (diced), 8 ounces sugar snap peas, four carrots, two packs of Ramen Noodles, 2 cups chicken broth, two green onions (diced), one rotisserie chicken and salt and pepper to taste.

This easy recipe only takes 30 minutes. 

First, heat the olive oil in a large skillet. While adding onions and carrots, sauté them for about four minutes. 

Next, add the snap peas until tender, then continue to add chicken, noodles and chicken broth. 

Then, bring it all to a boil. Cook and stir until the noodles are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. Then it’s done.

Taco Ramen

What’s needed: One pack of Ramen Noodles (beef flavor), one can of fire diced tomatoes, 1/2 cup of water, 2 tablespoons Old El Paso hot and spicy taco seasoning mix, 1/2 cup of sweet corn, 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, browned hamburger meat.

This option is for the person who loves spicy food. 

First, boil the noodles with seasoning, tomatoes and water. 

Then, brown the hamburger meat and heat the corn. Mix it all adding cheese, and it’s finished.

You can also add shredded lettuce to make it more like a taco salad or cilantro and salsa for a more spicy taste. It only takes about 15 minutes to make.

The next time you look in your pantry and see the boring, but easy-to-make Ramen Noodles, consider mixing it up with one of these yummy recipes. 

Share and discuss “COLUMN: Ramen noodle recipes to make it through college” on social media.