Weaver Lecture Series concludes with Peter Marra

At a conference hall in the School of Forestry and Wildlife Sciences, Peter Marra concluded the Weaver Lecture Series this evening with his presentation of “Studying birds in the context of the annual cycle: Carry-over effects and seasonal interactions.”

The event began with Peter Marra being introduced by Dr. Christopher Lepczyk, who then welcomed Marra to the audience members. Marra started his presentation by telling the audience that he is a graduate of Louisiana State University. To make sure the audience members would still like him after that statement, Marra proceeded to joke about the “Roll Tide” reference.

Marra then decided to talk about his topic, which was focused on birds, particularly the American Redstarts, and the different effects seasonal changes and migration have on the creatures.

Marra’s main goal was to help answer any questions related to bird conservation, and he did so by focusing on three main topics. The three main topics Marra covered were that seasonal interactions drive fundamental ecological and evolutionary processes, full annual cycle perspectives are essential for learning purposes, and to have better information on migratory connectivity and biological processes operating year-round are essential.

Marra then began to explain the experiment he has been working for quite some time and shared some recent findings that have not been published yet.

The event eventually went into a question and answer session that involved the audience members and Peter Marra.

At the end of the event, Dr. Graeme Lockaby awarded Peter Marra the Weaver Lecture Award, which consisted of a plaque and a statue of an eagle. Following the event, refreshments were provided to the guests in the hallway outside of the conference hall.

Share and discuss “Weaver Lecture Series concludes with Peter Marra” on social media.