Auburn's 2018 Relay for Life set for Saturday

Auburn’s Relay for Life Committee will put on its 2018 Relay for Life, the signature fundraiser for the American Cancer Society, on Saturday, April 14.

The event is intended to bring the community together, give people an avenue to honor lost loved ones, celebrate cancer survivors and raise money for the American Cancer Society.

Over 80 students serve on Auburn’s committee, an organization led by 11 student executive board members.

“Relay for Life is staffed and coordinated by volunteers in thousands of communities and 27 countries,” said Kimberly Myers, community representative for the American Cancer Society working with Auburn’s Relay for Life Committee. “Volunteers give their time and effort because they believe it's time to take action against cancer.”

The event will last from 2–9 p.m. on the Green Space. The theme is "Relaypalooza," and there will be activities including a water balloon toss, water pong, a scooter race and other games, ceremonies and live music.

The music lineup will include local artists Austin Cain, Ben Myrick, Solar Fleur, Radio Decay, Long-Distance Lovers and Magnolia Rocks.

Cancer survivors are the event’s honored guests and are invited to participate in a special survivor lap at the opening ceremonies and a dinner for survivors at 5:30 p.m.

All students, faculty and staff are welcome to attend.

Share and discuss “Auburn's 2018 Relay for Life set for Saturday” on social media.