Best retail trends from Zara, Nordstrom and Topshop to try out this summer

The powerhouses of retail around the college aged-target market- Zara, Nordstrom and Topshop are known for their allegiance to trends. For us shopaholics out there, this can be used to our advantage. Scrolling through any of these retailer’s websites or social media platforms there are tons of sneak peeks into trends for the season and how people will be wearing them. A way to stay fashion forward, but price conscious, is by looking to these through the lens of inspiration instead of the incentive to buy. Then, after conducting some research, you can head back to your own closet, thrift stores or other affordable retailers, and re-create some of the looks to add your own twist.

To get you started, here are a few trends these retailers are playing up this summer season.

Crochet Knits

Whether it’s a comfy sweater perfect for layering in the summer months or a small bag to carry around with you around town, crocheted knits are being pushed as the ultimate summer fabric. A trend that reminisces a bohemian style, crocheted knits no matter the form are perfect for the vacation months. It is being styled by retailers with not only beach-y apparel and light materials, but with more practical prints and silhouettes such as trousers and stripes.

Track Tops

Contributing to the trend of “athleisure”, spin offs of the traditional tracksuit are making a come back. They are being advertised through these retailers with matching pants, jeans, skirts and more. Tracksuits are becoming the new cardigan this summer and are being displayed as an easy way to dress-down a look.

Bold Blazers

Whether you’re starting a new job this summer or are in the mood to update your wardrobe, retailers are advertising ways to wear a blazer that won’t completely bore you. Although you can never go wrong with black, they are styling bright colored blazers as a twist to the traditional wardrobe staple. Worth the risk and easy to find, especially in a thrift store, bold blazers are making a comeback. Whether it be for better or worse, it at least provides another option for business formal attire. 

Mixed Prints

A trend that can seem intimidating and difficult to pull off, is in fact easier than it seems. Retailers are advertising simple ways to mix plaids with floral prints or patterns of similar styles, but different color schemes. In other words this trend is a “thrifter’s” dream. There is little room for error when interpreting this trend and it is a fun way to mix and match things you may already own. 

Share and discuss “Best retail trends from Zara, Nordstrom and Topshop to try out this summer” on social media.