Four books to read before you see the movies

The battle between print and motion pictures is one near and dear to many. Today, many filmmakers are turning to stories relayed through books as the foundation for their new movie masterpieces. What people often forget is although reading may take more time than watching the film, it lets you in on more of the details of the story and essentially serves as a backstage pass to view the plot before it hits the screen.

Here are some books that are coming to a movie theatre near you in due time, but are worth a read first.

“Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine” by Gail Honeyman

A peculiar but lovable novel, Honeyman takes you into the life of a girl that is quite out of the ordinary. She lives in the construct of her own mind believing her life alone and awkward social interactions is all the more normal. Once she meets her co-worker Raymond, everything starts to change. He teaches her how to live with an open heart. Through this novel, Honeyman connects with people of all walks of life to preach an important lesson of love and relationships. Reese Witherspoon has taken the reigns with this book and has it in the works for production. This uplifting story of an out-of-the-ordinary heroine is worth a read before buying your ticket to the theatre.

“A Wrinkle In Time” by Madeleine L’Engle

Just recently making its way to the big screen, this book is a classic science fantasy novel by L’Engle.  The story follows high school student Meg Murry, her brother Charles and friend Calvin to save her father who is a scientist fighting evil forces on another planet. This book takes you through a fantasy world unlike any other with the battle between good and evil taking center stage. A celebration of love, creativity and individuality, this novel is heartwarming and relatable across many different audiences.

“All the Bright Places” by Jennifer Niven

A fan favorite and thoughtfully written by Jennifer Niven, this book is attention grabbing and heartfelt. The story follows a young girl who falls in love with a boy fixated on the pitfalls of his own life. The girl is quite the opposite and when the two meet they bring out the best in each other. Brilliantly crafted with a contemporary plot and raw character development, this novel is worth the read as it is all in the details. The main character is to be played by Elle Fanning and planned for production this year.

“Ready Player One” by Ernest Cline

Another one to have just hit the big screen, this sci-fi action adventure book was written by Ernest Cline and produced by Steven Spielberg just recently. The book was published in 2011 and has been a favorite ever since. The story combines a virtual reality with protagonist’s Wade Watts search for fortune in a futuristic society. Watts connection to the technological confines of the game leads him to a bigger adventure than he would’ve ever imagined. Cline, through a passionate voice in his writing, entrances you in a videogame fantasy for a few hundred pages.

Share and discuss “Four books to read before you see the movies” on social media.