Glomerata exhausts supply for the first time in four years

The 2018 Glomerata has exhausted their supply for the first time in four years.

Distribution began on Tuesday and their stock dwindled until there were none left today. The team is thrilled with the response from students.

Editor Mara Baker said students seemed to really like the book and the cover design drew praise from many.

"Distribution was definitely a tiring event, but more than anything it was exciting," Baker said. "We finally get to see all of our hard work come to life. We love seeing how students react to the book we have put so much work into."

Starting with 8,000 books, 750 less than last year, the team distributed nearly half of their supply on the first day.

"I think the cover art played a big role in drawing students in," Baker said. "It's their first impression of the book, and I think it made them want to see what the rest of the book was like."

Baker said the 2018 staff were key in the Glom's success this year.

"We had a staff that was very passionate about the organization and our mission to preserve Auburn's history and the Auburn students' experience," Baker said. "I could not have done it without the multiple staff members spending late nights in the office with me."

A small number of Gloms were held back for people who were off-campus and reserved them. Students can get on the reserved list by filling out the form here.

Share and discuss “Glomerata exhausts supply for the first time in four years ” on social media.