Glomerata staff give out nearly half of supply on first day of yearbook distribution

Distribution is scheduled every day from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. until Friday while supplies last

Distribution of the 2018 Glomerata, Auburn’s yearbook, kicked off Tuesday, and with demand high, staff gave out more than 4,000 copies by Wednesday, nearly half of their supply this year.

Distribution is scheduled every day from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. until Friday while supplies last. The Glomerata ordered 8,000 copies this year, which is 750 fewer than last year because of budget constraints.

Editor Mara Baker said students should pick up their copies because the response to the new issue has been high.

“Everyone really seems to like it,” Baker said. “Everyone really liked the cover, which tends to happen when it’s watercolor.”

Glomerata staff is distributing the yearbooks at three different locations this year: Haley Concourse near the Student Center, Thach Concourse in front of the pharmacy building and Roosevelt Concourse near Parker Hall.

To get a copy, students need their Tiger Card student ID or their Global ID.

The rest of the book also follows a similar watercolor theme and includes sections on student involvement, Greek Life, administration and general happenings around campus from the past year.

“The purpose of the Glom is really just to preserve the students’ time at Auburn and document the history of Auburn, that way when you come back in 30 years, you can see what it was like when you were here,” Baker said.

Baker said the staff put in a lot of work this year to make the Glomerata a priceless record of the year.

“I’ve known how much work it was, but it’s different being in a leadership role and seeing how much work it is all together,” Baker said.

The staff spent more time going back through old copies of the Glomerata to inspire the new edition. In doing so, they decided it was important to get more students’ faces in the book.

“It’s really important that students make sure to get their picture in the Glom, that way they have something to look back on,” Baker said. “It’s really cool just to see how the University has changed and how different clubs have changed.”

Chip Brownlee | Editor-in-chief

Chip Brownlee, senior in journalism and political science, is the editor-in-chief of The Auburn Plainsman.

Share and discuss “Glomerata staff give out nearly half of supply on first day of yearbook distribution” on social media.