Local businesses given platform at Auburn Mall Summer Showcase

“They have filled their tables up with flyers, giveaways, promos and raffles,” Richards said. “They really each have made it their own space.”

<p>City of Auburn's Summer Showcase celebrating local businesses and honoring City Favorites on Thursday, July 19, 2018, in Auburn Ala.&nbsp;</p>

City of Auburn's Summer Showcase celebrating local businesses and honoring City Favorites on Thursday, July 19, 2018, in Auburn Ala. 

Thirty-three local businesses set up tables around the Auburn Mall food court as the mall hosted its Summer Showcase Thursday afternoon.

Businesses were given the freedom to choose how they wanted to present their services, said Jennifer Richards, marketing manager for the Auburn Mall.

The mall reached out to many businesses in the Auburn community and invited them to participate, Richards said.

“There was no cost for anything to participate,” Richards said. “It was open to any business in the area.”

Participating businesses were classified into one of seven categories: arts and entertainment, businesses and services, clubs and organizations, fitness, sports and recreation, food and restaurants, health or retail.

Businesses showcased their products and services throughout the afternoon at various activities and events.

For example, a student from local music store Spicer’s Music performed to represent the business.

Spicer’s Music’s main purpose behind its booth was to emphasize some of the. lessons that the store offers.

“A lot of people think lessons are just for kids, but we have students ranging from about 2 or 3 to their 80s,” said Kelsey Moore, one of Spicer’s Music representatives at the showcase.

Students from local Irish dancing studio Celtic Traditions also performed one of their dances.

“We love to do this kind of thing and just get out there and be a part of the community,” said Amanda Poole, studio instructor.

The mall also has had a poll open for the past week where the community could vote for their favorite local businesses in each category represented, Richards said.

These are the winners that were announced Thursday.

• Arts and Entertainment: Spicer's Music
  • Business and Services: Storybook Farm
  • Clubs and Organizations: Health Plus Fitness Center
  • Fitness, Sports and Recreation: Trek Bicycles of Auburn
  • Food and Restaurants: Frutta Bowls
  • Health: Auburn Therapy and Learning Center
  • Retail: The Mint Julep Boutique

Share and discuss “Local businesses given platform at Auburn Mall Summer Showcase” on social media.