No. 1 Georgia prospect Isaac Okoro commits to Auburn basketball

<p><em style="background-color: initial;">Okoro (35).&nbsp;Photo Cred – Ty Freeman</em></p>

Okoro (35). Photo Cred – Ty Freeman

A day after 2017-18 SEC blocks leader Anfernee McLemore was "fully cleared" by Bruce Pearl, Auburn added more depth insurance for the future: Four-star small forward Isaac Okoro, the No. 1 player in the state of Georgia and No. 35 overall prospect, announced his commitment to the Tigers' 2019 class.

"I would like to first thank God, my parents, my brother, sisters, teammates, and coaches for pushing me and making the person I am today," Okoro said on his personal Twitter. "I sincerely thank all the coaches who recruited me. With all of that being said, I am excited to announce that I am committing to Auburn University."

Okoro is joined by his McEachern teammate, four-star center Babatunde Akingbola, as the only commits in the 2019 group. There have been talks of Akingbola reclassifying to this year's class and seeing action this season, but as it stands currently, the 6-foot-5 Okoro's verbal puts Auburn's 2019 class at No. 8 in the country.

Nathan King | Sports Editor

Nathan King, senior in journalism with a minor in business, is The Plainsman's sports editor.

Share and discuss “No. 1 Georgia prospect Isaac Okoro commits to Auburn basketball” on social media.