Report: Auburn forward Anfernee McLemore 'fully cleared' by Bruce Pearl

According to CBS Sports' Jon Rothstein, McLemore has been given the green light on "basketball-related activities" by head coach Bruce Pearl and returned to practice Monday

<p>Anfernee McLemore #24 of the Auburn Tigers reacts against the Kentucky Wildcats in the first half of a game at Auburn Arena on February 14, 2018 in Auburn, Alabama.</p>

Anfernee McLemore #24 of the Auburn Tigers reacts against the Kentucky Wildcats in the first half of a game at Auburn Arena on February 14, 2018 in Auburn, Alabama.

Anfernee McLemore is back on the court

According to CBS Sports' Jon Rothstein, McLemore has been given the green light on "basketball-related activities" by head coach Bruce Pearl and returned to practice Monday. 

McLemore's 2017-18 season ended when the then-sophomore suffered a horrific ankle injury in an 84-75 loss at South Carolina on Feb. 17. Surgery was performed on McLemore’s ankle and fractured tibia, as well as the torn ligaments suffered.

"The surgery went extremely well," Pearl said two days after the game. "Prior to the surgery the doctors were talking about four to six months (until McLemore returns), and after the surgery we're talking about four months. It went that well."

The 6-foot-7 junior posted a video of himself dunking on his Instagram story June 2, indicating he was recovering as swiftly as predicted. Despite only appearing in 27 games last season, McLemore tied for the conference lead in blocks with 73 (2.7 per game). As the Tigers' starting center in the absence of Austin Wiley, McLemore averaged 7.4 points and 5.3 rebounds per night.

Nathan King | Sports Editor

Nathan King, senior in journalism with a minor in business, is The Plainsman's sports editor.

Share and discuss “Report: Auburn forward Anfernee McLemore 'fully cleared' by Bruce Pearl” on social media.