Aretha Franklin by the numbers: from breaking records to setting trends

Here's a look at her groundbreaking accomplishments and chart-topping successes by the numbers

Aretha Franklin in concert at the Microsoft Theatre in Los Angeles on Aug. 2, 2015. (Lawrence K. Ho/Los Angeles Times/TNS)

She was the Queen of Soul for a reason.

From breaking records to paving the way for other female singers, Aretha Franklin set a series of firsts for women.

Here's a look at her groundbreaking accomplishments and chart-topping successes by the numbers.

• In 1987, she became the first female performer to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
  • Franklin became the first woman to earn 100 songs on Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart in October 2014, thanks to her cover of Adele's "Rolling in the Deep," which debuted at number 47 on that chart.
  • Her 1971 show at the Fillmore West made her the first R&B performer to headline the San Francisco venue.
  • She's won a whopping 18 Grammys, and scored 44 nominations.
  • The Queen of Soul has a total of 112 singles that have landed on Billboard charts, the most of any female.
  • Reigning supreme, Franklin is number one on Rolling Stone's 100 Greatest Singers of All Time list.
  • She also holds the number nine slot on Rolling Stone's list of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time, the highest ranking female on the list.
  • Franklin's sold more than 75 million records around the world.
  • She's got 20 number-one R&B singles.
  • In 1979, she got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

© 2018 New York Daily News. Visit New York Daily News at www.nydailynews.com. Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

Share and discuss “Aretha Franklin by the numbers: from breaking records to setting trends” on social media.