LETTER | Ron Anders Jr. is the servant leader Auburn needs

"He has waited for this opportunity for a long time. He has worked tirelessly as a volunteer all my life to make Auburn a better place."

Letters to the editor are submitted by students and community members who wish to speak out on issues pertaining to the Auburn community.

My Dad has been a servant his whole life. He has served me as a father since I was born in 1996. There has never been one moment in my 22 years of being his son that I ever questioned his commitment to giving our family everything he had. 

He has led our family through tough times and great times. He has led us with humility, grace, and a selfless spirit.  As I am now graduated college and in corporate America, seeing and meeting all kinds of people, I have never been so thankful to have been raised by such a servant as Ron Anders Jr. 

He is a one-of-a-kind father. He went to seemingly every single game my brother and I ever played, even if that meant taking a whole week of vacation time off to watch us at a tournament. He never went to watch Auburn Football unless he could bring his family.

In all of his joys, if his family was not a part of it, he did not want it.

Now, he is ready to give the City of Auburn that same leadership. My Dad has always put our family over his wants and needs, and he always will. 

But now it is time for Auburn to get that same leadership. He has waited for this opportunity for a long time. He has worked tirelessly as a volunteer all my life to make Auburn a better place. 

Nobody loves Auburn like Ron Anders, but more importantly, nobody cares about the people in Auburn like Ron Anders. 

There is more than one qualified candidate in this election. However, there is only one Ron Anders. There is only one candidate that has spent thousands of hours of his free time over the course of his life volunteering for the City of Auburn.

There is only one candidate who has been on City Council during some of Auburn's most fruitful years in the history its existence. 

The choice is clear. Vote Ron Anders to be Auburn's next Mayor. There is no one more qualified, no one more selfless, and no one who truly cares more about every person in Auburn, Alabama, than Ron Anders.

I love you, Dad,

Joshua

Want to submit your own letter to the editor? Check out our submission and opinion page policies here.

The Auburn Plainsman welcomes letters from students, as well as faculty, administrators, alumni and those not affiliated with the University. 

Letters must be submitted before 4:30 p.m. on Monday for publication in the print paper.

Letters must include the author’s name, address and phone number for verification, though this information may be withheld. Submission may be edited for grammar and/or length.

Share and discuss “LETTER | Ron Anders Jr. is the servant leader Auburn needs” on social media.