Manufacturer announces Auburn expansion, will bring two dozen new jobs

<p>ARKAL Automotive employees pose at the Auburn location.&nbsp;</p>

ARKAL Automotive employees pose at the Auburn location. 

ARKAL Automotive, a manufacturer of lightweight plastic automobile parts with markets all over the world, announced plans to invest $2.3 million in its Auburn operation, and bring more than two dozen jobs to the city over the next two years, the City of Auburn announced Wednesday. 

“We’re excited to share this good news from ARKAL," said Auburn Mayor Ron Anders. “Their investment in Auburn is another success in our efforts to recruit technology-based companies that can succeed in the global market and provide lasting and well-paying jobs in Auburn. We’re excited to support the leadership of ARKAL and deepen this successful partnership."

The company is based in Israel and specializes in manufacturing small, lightweight components for use within larger structural automobile parts. It has manufacturing locations across the globe, and sells products to companies like Audi and General Motors. 

The Auburn location is housed in Auburn Technology Park West, with a current workforce of about 150 employees, according to a news release.

“The expansion is the result of our successful innovations for weight-saving solutions for the automotive industry," said Rami Bitensky, general manager of ARKAL Automotive Plastic. “This project represents the additional business that we won from the German premier car manufacturer, Daimler. Our growing operation in Auburn will handle the additional business for our important customer, MBUSI, in Alabama. We are grateful for the pro-business attitude of the leadership in Auburn and the valuable support we received over the years from the economic development team.”

The company also announced several open positions and encouraged interested applicants to contact the company at arkal-automotive.com or the City of Auburn Economic Development Office at (334) 501-7270.

Share and discuss “Manufacturer announces Auburn expansion, will bring two dozen new jobs” on social media.