NSD breakdown: How each of Auburn's new signees fit with their position group

<p>Charles Moore announces he's signing with Auburn. Auburn Signing Day on Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2019 in Auburn, Ala.</p>

Charles Moore announces he's signing with Auburn. Auburn Signing Day on Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2019 in Auburn, Ala.

Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn closed out National Signing Day with four new signees, capping the 2019 class with 21 total commitments. Auburn, which still has a couple of spots open for potential transfers in the weeks to come, finished with the No. 13 recruiting class in the nation, according to Rivals.com, and the No .11 class on the 247 team composite rankings.

Malzahn did, however, miss out on another top-10 class after five-star George Pickens, who had been committed to the Tigers since 2017, flipped to rival Georgia on Wednesday morning. 

The Southeastern Conference finished with five teams in the top 10 on 247sports.com, two of which are rivals of Auburn. Alabama finished at No. 1, Georgia at No. 2, Texas A&M at No. 4 and LSU at No. 5.

Here’s a look at which targets signed with Auburn, and where they will fit in next season.

Kameron Brown - LB (2-star)

6’0” | 230 lbs. | Sugar Hill, GA

Malzahn kept it in the family with Kameron Brown. Brown, who is the younger brother of third-year starting defensive tackle Derrick Brown, flew under the radar during his recruitment until signing with Auburn and didn’t receive an offer from any other Power 5 programs. 

Despite playing inside linebacker in high school, there has been talk that Brown could make the move to H-Back next season. The Lanier product is a big-hitter known for his football IQ and instincts on the defensive side of the ball, but needs to get in the weight room and work on his speed once he gets to campus.

"First guy we signed was Kam Brown,” Malzahn said in his Wednesday afternoon press conference. “He had 187 tackles, and I believe he either led the state of Georgia or second in the state of Georgia, in tackles. He really reminds me a lot of the Deshaun Davis story, a guy that wasn't highly recruited, but he has all the physicality, the one-two, all the intangibles.”

Charles Moore - DE (4-star)

6’3” | 270 lbs. | Louisville, MS

Moore, who was a standout at this year’s Under Armour All-American Game as well as an Alabama-Mississippi All-Star game selection, was a must-get for Malzahn’s class. The Louisville native played strongside defensive end in high school but could play end or tackle for the Tigers. He is big, athletic, and is known for having quick bursts off the line, but still needs to improve his overall strength.

"Charles Moore, defensive lineman from Louisville, Mississippi, a guy that was a priority for our staff,” Malzahn said. “He was wanted by a whole lot of people. Very athletic, very strong, I really think this guy has a chance to be an impact player.”

Mark Antony-Richards - RB (4-star)

6’1” | 187 lbs. | Palm Beach, FL

Richards was arguably the biggest decision of the day for Auburn. The 4-star, all-purpose back was deciding between Auburn, Florida, Penn State, and Georgia before picking the Tigers Wednesday afternoon. Richards has the potential and skillset to be an every-down back in the SEC and can really give defenses fits with his route-running, and his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. The Palm Beach native rushed for over 1,000 yards and totaled more than 3,000 all-purpose yards in 2018.

“Mark-Antony I really believe was the most versatile running back in the country,” Malzahn said. “He can do a lot of different things. He's a great running back, but he can catch the ball out of the backfield. I know a lot of people were recruiting him to play defensive back. He really reminds me of Kerryon Johnson. He can do a lot of different things. This guy is a real special player.”

Kamaar Bell- OL (3-star)

6’3” | 317 lbs. | Moultrie, GA

Malzahn desperately needed this one. Bell, who played guard and tackle in high school, will almost certainly be converted to play center for the Tigers, which has been a position lacking stability of late. Kaleb Kim and Nick Brahms, both who struggled this past season, are the only other centers on the roster. Although he will need to improve in pass blocking, Bell has quick footwork and the run-blocking talent to help him become a starter in the SEC.

"Kamaar Bell, he was a priority. We only signed two linemen the first signing period, and this is a guy that can play center, he can play guard,” Malzahn said. “We think this guy can come in and have a chance to help right off the way.”

Octavius Brothers Jr.- LB (3-star)

6’2” | 228 lbs. | Rockledge, FL

Brothers was the final signee of the day for the Tigers, and it was never really in question. Malzahn and linebackers coach Travis Williams felt confident that Brothers would sign after his official visit in January, despite Miami and North Carolina being in his Top-3 throughout the process. 

The Rockledge linebacker drew interest because of his long athleticism and overall versatility. Brothers is a hard-hitting outside linebacker that can run sideline to sideline as well as drop back in coverage.

"We felt like it was time to sign another linebacker, too, and of course OC Brothers is a guy that really stood out to our staff about his versatility,” Malzahn said. “He played some wide receiver. He plays linebacker. He plays corner. He can do a lot of different things. We got a chance to watch him play basketball. I know [Travis Williams] is extremely excited about this guy. He plays with an edge, and he's a very physical guy that can really run.”

Share and discuss “NSD breakdown: How each of Auburn's new signees fit with their position group” on social media.