Look ahead to Auburn's annual Fourth of July celebration

<p>Fireworks are set off at Auburn's annual Fourth of July celebration on July 4, 2017, in Auburn, Ala.&nbsp;</p>

Fireworks are set off at Auburn's annual Fourth of July celebration on July 4, 2017, in Auburn, Ala. 

Independence Day is just around the corner, and the Auburn community is preparing for its annual celebration.

Hosted by Auburn Parks and Recreation and Briggs & Stratton, the celebration will take place at Duck Samford Park, and will include food, live music, the Cyber Game truck and a grand fireworks display provided by Briggs & Stratton. 

This year's music will be provided by Open The Skye, a band based out of Atlanta bringing a mix of Classic Rock, Motown R & B, Jazz, and Top 40 Dance. DJ Cole will also be providing his musical pick during the celebration.

The celebration will be held at 1840 E. Glenn Ave. behind the Home Side of the Duck Samford Football Stadium. 

According to the City of Auburn, the parking lot off of Airport Road, which is shared between the Bo Cavin fields and the New Duck fields, will be closed to the public during the event to accommodate the fireworks shoot site. However, the parking lot off of East University Drive next to the Old Duck fields will be open to the public for parking.

The celebration will be open to the public at 5 p.m., and the fireworks are scheduled to start at 9 p.m. with the rain date scheduled for Friday, July 5. 

Due to the holiday, normal Thursday’s garbage, trash and recycling collection routes will run on Friday. All other Parks and Recreation facilities will be closed on Thursday and Friday, and all downtown parking will be free for the duration of the holiday. 

Share and discuss “Look ahead to Auburn's annual Fourth of July celebration” on social media.