UPDATE: Authorities identify additional suspect in viral video of kidnapping

<p>Police tape surrounds a crime scene.</p>

Police tape surrounds a crime scene.

Demarcus Dawson was identified as a suspect that assisted in the kidnapping and assaults seen in a viral video, police said. 

Kendrick Hill, 30, of Auburn, was arrested after a video of a man being kidnapped and tied to a chair while the floor was lit on fire beneath him went viral on social media on Tuesday.

Hill was identified as the suspect and arrested at about 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Opelika police said in a news release. 

Hill was charged with first degree kidnapping, first degree attempted assault and attempting to flee law enforcement. 

Warrants for first degree kidnapping, first degree attempted assault and attempting to flee law enforcement were obtained for Dawson, too.

Dawson is approximately 5-feet-5-inches tall and 160 pounds. Anyone with information on his whereabouts are advised to contact the Opelika Police Department.  

The video showed a man, who appeared to have been assaulted, tied to a chair, and a fire was lit beneath the chair. Police were made aware of the video on Tuesday afternoon, according to the release. 

Police responded to the dead end of Morgan Avenue off South Long Street after they identified the area in the video. 

When they arrived, a 31-year-old man was still tied to the chair. Medical assistance was called, and the victim was taken to East Alabama Medical Center. 

The suspects fled the scene, and police were unable to locate him. Opelika police arrested Hill on Wednesday in Opelika with the assistance of the U.S. Marshal's Fugitive Task Force. 

Share and discuss “UPDATE: Authorities identify additional suspect in viral video of kidnapping” on social media.