Pride on The Plains cancels all upcoming events including Pride Weekend

<p>Members of the Auburn-Opelika community gather for Pride on The Plains on Friday, June 1, 2018 in Opelika, Ala.</p>

Members of the Auburn-Opelika community gather for Pride on The Plains on Friday, June 1, 2018 in Opelika, Ala.

Pride on The Plains is canceling or postponing several upcoming events in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. 

In a release Monday, the organization said the 2020 Pride on The Plains Weekend, which was scheduled June 5 through June 7, 2020, is postponed. This includes the Pride on The Plains Parade and Pride on The Plains Festival. A new date has not yet been determined, but the board is considering holding the events in late summer, according to the announcement.

Sponsors, vendors and attendees are encouraged to visit the Pride on The Plains website and social media accounts for updates. 

The 2020 Believe Ball is canceled. Attendees that have already purchased tickets can opt to receive a full refund, donate their paid ticket amount to Pride on The Plains or put the 2020 ticket money toward a ticket to the 2021 Believe Ball. 

Upcoming Pride on The Plains events have been canceled. These include the pancake breakfast on April 4, Drag with the Stars on May 9 and reoccurring events such as Wine N’ Drag. 

Elizabeth Hurley | Community Editor

Elizabeth, senior in journalism and political science, is the community editor for The Plainsman

@lizhurley37

community@theplainsman.com

Share and discuss “Pride on The Plains cancels all upcoming events including Pride Weekend” on social media.