Auburn schedules University of North Alabama for season opener

Bruce Pearl during the Auburn vs. Kentucky game on Saturday, Feb. 1, 2020, in Auburn, Ala.

While Auburn University remains in social lockdown, Bruce Pearl and the Tigers continue to prepare for their 2020-21 campaign and now know who they must take on in game one. 

Per Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports, the Tigers will play host to the in-state foe University of North Alabama Lions on Nov. 10; this will be only the second meeting of the two squads, with Auburn leading the current series 1-0. 

The matchup continues Pearl’s trend of playing in-state schools in early season matchups dating back to 2016 where his squad hosted Montevallo. The Tigers will also participate in the finale of their  home-and-home series with the University of South Alabama this season. They have yet to lose a non-conference in-state battle in the Pearl era.

Auburn will face the challenges of traveling to Washington – to complete a previous home-and-home – as well as competing in the 2020 Orlando invitational against the likes of Gonzaga, Michigan State and Xavier.

Share and discuss “Auburn schedules University of North Alabama for season opener” on social media.