Lee County voting by the numbers

Results for the 2020 general election from Lee County's in-person voters.

On Thurs. Nov 5 at 10 p.m., this story was updated to include absentee ballots.

On Election Day, Lee County residents in 22 precincts across the county voted to cast Alabama’s electoral votes for President Donald Trump and send former Auburn football coach Tommy Tuberville to the US Senate. Lee County voters also joined with other counties in Alabama’s third congressional district to reelect Mike Rogers to US House of Representatives and voted Yes on all six statewide amendments.

Absentee and provisional ballots were tabulated in separate precincts, bring the county’s total precincts to 24. Results for provisional ballots are not yet available.

In the US presidential election, President Trump, the incumbent Republican, received 42,019 votes in Lee County from in-person voters. Former Vice President Joe Biden, the Democratic candidate, received 27,600 votes. Jo Jorgensen, who ran as an independent, received 1012 votes.

In the US Senate election, Tommy Tuberville, the Republican candidate, received 40,962 votes in Lee County from in-person voters. Doug Jones, the incumbent Democrat, received 29,714 votes.

In the US House District 3 election, Mike Rogers, the incumbent Republican, received 44,027 votes in Lee County from in-person voters. Adia Winfrey, the Democratic candidate, received 26,068 votes.

In the Public Service Commission president election, Twinkle Cavanaugh, the incumbent Republican, received 41,578 votes in Lee County from in-person voters. Laura Casey, the Democratic candidate, received 27,595 votes.

For State Amendment 1, which amends language in the Constitution of Alabama to say that only a US citizen could vote, Yes received 49,192 votes from in-person voters in Lee County. No received 13,999 votes.

For State Amendment 2, which restructures the judicial system, Yes received 31,556 votes from in-person voters in Lee County. No received 25,291 votes.

For State Amendment 3, which gives judges appointed to fill a vacancy a longer term, Yes received 40,643 votes from in-person voters in Lee County. No received 17,507 votes.

For State Amendment 4, which removes racist language that prohibits mixed-race marriages and racially integrated schools from the Constitution of Alabama, Yes received 43,035 votes from in-person voters in Lee County. No received 15,512 votes.

For State Amendment 5, which protects anyone who kills someone in self-defense in a church in Franklin County, Yes received 40,111 votes from in-person voters in Lee County. No received 14,541.

For State Amendment 6, which protects anyone who kills someone in self-defense in a church in Lauderdale County, Yes received 40,229 votes from in-person voters in Lee County. No received 14,524 votes.

Trice Brown | Enterprise Editor

Trice Brown, junior in english language arts education, is the enterprise editor of The Auburn Plainsman.

trice@auburn.edu

Share and discuss “Lee County voting by the numbers” on social media.