Jack West | Editor-in-Chief

Email Jack West | Editor-in-Chief

Articles

COLUMN | 'I'll absolutely never forget that'

After four years at The Auburn Plainsman, Jack West and Natalie Beckerink said goodbye on May 1. The two sat down for a final conversation about their time at the paper, the nature of the University and the people taking their place next year. 

Another year in the books

Mary Alex Frishman, junior in communication, and her team had the strange and elusive job of trying to somehow capture and preserve the Auburn experience of 2020 — a year that was defined by its despair, passion and uncertainty — into the books packed along the wall behind her.  In her role as the editor-in-chief of The Glomerata, Frishman had several months to design and then delegate this past year’s edition. She and her managing editor, Meaghan Davis, senior in exercise science, took over in March of 2020 and had to figure out how to describe a campus without any students on it. 

AU student survives shark attack

Bryce Albert, sophomore in public relations, grew up five minutes from the ocean. Until he went to college, he said he went to the beach every day. This month, he became the first person to be attacked by a blacktip shark in 2021. 

'It's a harsh truth that had to be said'

Originally from a small town in the middle of Georgia, Josh Herring came to Auburn as a computer science major. With square, metal-frame glasses, wide shoulders and a really easy smile, he kind of fits into a lovable computer geek mold.  If you're attempting a heist, Herring looks a little bit like the guy with the computers who hacks the mainframe from the van and fires off one-liners before he tells you that the vault door has been unlocked. But computer science got old. Fast. And after a little more than a year, he took a sharp turn.

World champion gymnast signs with the Tigers

Sunisa Lee is not only a hardworking and talented gymnast, she's also a teenage girl who faced struggles and challenges in the last year. She's already a favorite for the Olympics this summer, and this fall, she'll also become an Auburn Tiger. 

Media