Peyton Glavine signs with Washington Nationals

<p>Peyton Glavine (23) being honored on Senior Day at Plainsman Park on May 15, 2021, in Auburn, Ala.</p>

Peyton Glavine (23) being honored on Senior Day at Plainsman Park on May 15, 2021, in Auburn, Ala.

Auburn left-handed pitcher Peyton Glavine signed a free agent contract with the Washington Nationals Monday.

Glavine is now the seventh player from Auburn’s 2021 team to enter professional baseball, joining Ryan Bliss, Richard Fitts, Tyler Miller, Steven Williams, Cody Greenhill and Jack Owen. 

Glavine is also the third Tiger from the 2021 team that landed with the Nationals. Williams was drafted by Washington in the 18th round of the MLB draft, and Greenhill signed a free agent contract with the team last Thursday.

Glavine made 29 career appearances including two starts throughout his three-year Auburn career, notching 44 strikeouts in 39 innings pitched.

The Alpharetta, Georgia, native finished his time on The Plains with career bests in ERA, appearances, strikeouts and innings, finishing with a 6.92 career ERA.

Evan Mealins | Editor-in-chief

Evan Mealins, senior in philosophy and economics, is the editor-in-chief of The Auburn Plainsman.

@EvanMealins

ecm0060@auburn.edu

Share and discuss “Peyton Glavine signs with Washington Nationals” on social media.