Auburn soccer placed seventh in SEC Preseason Coaches' Poll

Team huddle before the match between Auburn and LSU at Auburn Soccer Complex on Feb 26, 2021; Auburn, AL, USA. Photo via: Shanna Lockwood/AU Athletics.

The Southeastern Conference announced on Tuesday its preseason coaches' poll for the upcoming women’s soccer season. Auburn was picked to finish No. 7 this season, where it finished last season in league play.

Defending co-champions Arkansas and Texas A&M were picked to finish the season on top of the conference once more.

Auburn finished last season with a 10-5-3 overall record, posting a 3-4-2 record in division play. Despite a strong showing in the spring, where the Tigers went 6-1-1 including a five game winning streak, head coach Karen Hoppa’s team missed the NCAA tournament.

The 2021-2022 season begins on Thursday, when Auburn travels to face Samford on the road before its home opener on Saturday against No. 15 BYU.

Caleb Jones | Sports Editor

Originally from Helena, Ala., Caleb Jones is a senior studying journalism at Auburn University. He has been on staff with The Plainsman since 2019.

You can follow him here on Twitter: @calebjsports

Share and discuss “Auburn soccer placed seventh in SEC Preseason Coaches' Poll” on social media.