Allen Flanigan is projected to miss 12-14 weeks after a successful procedure to his right Achilles

Mar 6, 2021; Auburn, AL, USA; Auburn Tigers guard Allen Flanigan (22) goes up for a dunk during the game between Auburn and Mississippi State at Auburn Arena. Mandatory Credit: Shanna Lockwood/AU Athletics

Junior guard Allen Flanigan is projected to miss 12-14 weeks after a successful procedure was done to repair his right Achilles. Flanigan suffered a non-basketball-related injury recently and went into surgery on Friday.

“Allen is one of our top players and top players in the SEC," said head coach Bruce Pearl. "I'm disappointed for him but know he will do everything in his power to get back and lead us this season."

Flanigan was a returning starter in Auburn’s lineup and was the SEC’s fourth-leading returning scorer. Last year Flanigan was a projected NBA lottery pick and this season, he was seen as one of the nation’s top shooting guards.

"It's an unfortunate situation, but I trust that God has a plan," Flanigan said. "I'm going to work hard to get back stronger and better than ever."

Last season, Flanigan averaged 14.3 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.9 assists over the 27 games he started in. Flanigan was the SEC’s most improved scorer, and one of three players in the league to average 14 points, 5.5 boards and 2.5 assists per game. 

At his current status, Flanigan could miss upwards of eight games. 

Auburn will open its 2021-2022 season at home on Nov. 9 against Morehead State. 

Share and discuss “Allen Flanigan is projected to miss 12-14 weeks after a successful procedure to his right Achilles” on social media.