SGA meets for the final time for the 2021 term

<p>SGA Senate meets on Sept. 14, 2020, in Auburn, Ala.</p>

SGA Senate meets on Sept. 14, 2020, in Auburn, Ala.

Auburn’s Student Government Association Senate, elected in Spring of 2021 met for the final time Monday, Feb. 7. The meeting was full of tearful goodbyes and grateful speeches to teams and committees. 

Council leaders for the colleges of Business, Human Sciences, Nursing, Agriculture, Veterinary Medicine, Forestry & Wildlife, and Science & Mathematics came forth to announce their “Year in Review” of 2021. This included successful concourse events, social activities and philanthropy initiatives.

Rett Wagner, SGA president formally announced Dr. Chris Roberts as the new President of Auburn University.

Wagner also gave a goodbye to the listeners, stating that, “your ceiling for where you can go in senate is so high, you can do so much speaking out for the student voice.”

Cole Callahan, vice president of SGA, finished the meeting with personal remarks of thanks for each council leader and member of the SGA support staff.

"I feel like I chose very wisely in spending my time here with all of you," Callahan said. "It has been the absolute joy of my life to have this experience. It's something I will never ever forget and I want to let you all know that it can be the same for you, just really cherish the people around you and even if you don't think you're learning something...I feel like the things you can learn in a meeting, just in patience and in passing, you take and use later in life and affects you in profound profound ways."

Coleman Turnipseed, the newly elected vice president, took her vows as vice president and took her place before the podium. 

Each newly elected college council president and SGA leader introduced themselves before the new senate of Auburn's Student Government Association.

Senator Devore announced a bill for the prioritization of Equitable Graduate Mentorship which will recognize the importance of mentorship across all Auburn colleges. The bill was passed and adopted.

Senator Lisenby announced a bill asking the expansion of the Miss Auburn Program which will include an increase in funding for the "Meet Miss Auburn" event. The bill was passed and adopted.

Senator Lisenby also announced a bill asking the expansion of the UPC Chinese New Year Program which will include an increase in funding for a buffet from the Irritable Bao. The bill was passed and adopted.

Share and discuss “SGA meets for the final time for the 2021 term ” on social media.