SkyBar owner arrested, charged with sexual misconduct

Pat Grider is one of the owners of SkyBar Cafe in downtown Auburn.

The owner of one of Auburn's busiest downtown bars has been arrested by the Auburn Police Department and charged with misdemeanor sexual misconduct.

Employees at the Lee County Detention Center confirmed that Pat Grider, owner of SkyBar on West Magnolia Avenue in downtown Auburn, was arrested and charged with misdemeanor sexual misconduct on Wednesday, Feb. 23.

As of 11:20 a.m. Thursday, Grider is no longer held at the jail, according to an employee at the Lee County Detention Center reached via the center's main phone number. The employee would not confirm if Grider paid bond or if so, what amount his bond was, but according to WRBL, Grider posted a $1,000 bond on the same day of his arrest. 

"A complaint was filed with the Auburn Police Division and a subsequent investigation was conducted," Auburn Police Chief Clarence Stewart said in a statement. "The complainant identified Pat Grider as a suspect of the investigation. The elements of the crime for sexual misconduct were found to exist in the complainant's report. The complainant was able to sign a warrant and that warrant was executed by the Auburn Police." 

A municipal court date has been set for March 15.

The Plainsman tried reaching Grider via text and call. Grider has not responded to The Plainsman's requests for comment.

This story will be updated as new information comes out.

Larry Robinson | Photo Editor

Larry is a senior studying journalism with a minor in sociology. He is from Enterprise, Alabama and is in his third year with The Auburn Plainsman. 

Twitter: @ReportingLarry

Share and discuss “SkyBar owner arrested, charged with sexual misconduct” on social media.