Plainsman's Choice 2022 Best Haircut: Dimensions Salon

The Dimensions Salon's main window as seen from E. Magnolia Avenue in Auburn, Alabama, on April 18, 2022.

Dimensions Salon is one of the many storefronts in downtown Auburn, and this year it cut, colored and blow-dried its way to being named the best salon in Auburn. 

Dimensions was voted the best place to get a haircut for this year's Plainsman's Choice reader poll and Best Salon by the Opelika-Auburn News for their 2021 Reader’s Choice Awards. 

Stephen Prestridge, owner of Dimensions, said he did not know what to say about receiving the award.

“Just overwhelmed and so very grateful to our customers and everything,” Prestridge said. 

The salon can be found on East Magnolia next to Behind the Glass and 17-16 in downtown Auburn. Dimensions’ downtown location makes it preferable for students living in the area. 

Dimensions has been in business for almost 40 years, and Prestridge said he hopes that people say the environment is fun, easy and laid-back. 

“I think they say we’re consistent,” Prestridge said. “You know, we’re the fourth-oldest business in Auburn right now.” 

As a full-service salon, Dimensions provides services like men’s cuts, balayage, make-up, extensions, prom and wedding hair. 

Michelle Morrison, receptionist at Dimensions, praised the hairstylists for their work.

“I mean the girls here do great work," Morrison said. "Everybody here does great work."

Customers can make walk-in appointments or schedule by calling the salon. Clientele ranges from students who need a haircut away from home or residents of Auburn who have been patrons of Dimensions for years. 

Morrison said she feels the salon’s customer service, work and social media users play a factor in trying to be the best salon in Auburn. 

“We really go out of our way to make customers happy I feel like, and I feel our girls here have a big-time online presence too,” Morrison said. “I think that helps get people in here.”

Dimensions and its stylists can be found on Facebook and Instagram where patrons can stay updated on salon news.

Share and discuss “Plainsman's Choice 2022 Best Haircut: Dimensions Salon” on social media.