Walker Kessler officially declares for NBA draft

<p>Walker Kessler goes in for a dunk against No. 12 Kentucky on Saturday, Jan. 22, 2022, in Auburn Arena in Auburn, Ala.</p>

Walker Kessler goes in for a dunk against No. 12 Kentucky on Saturday, Jan. 22, 2022, in Auburn Arena in Auburn, Ala.

Sophomore center Walker Kessler has officially declared for the 2022 NBA Draft. The former 5-star athlete had quite the season this year serving as a defensive anchor for the Tigers.

Kessler’s historical season with the Tigers can be described as one of the greatest comeback stories in college basketball. After a disappointing stint with North Carolina, the 7-1 center led the nation in total blocks with 155 blocks, averaging 4.5 per game. Kessler shattered the previous Auburn single-season block record of 126. 

Kessler’s defensive efforts earned him All-SEC first team and SEC Defensive Player of the Year honors. The star big also received national honors as he was voted to the AP All-American third team and won the Naismith Defensive Player of the Year award. Kessler also achieved the impressive feat of recording a triple-double with blocks on two separate occasions. 

Kessler is projected by many analysts to be a first-round selection in this year's draft. 

Share and discuss “Walker Kessler officially declares for NBA draft” on social media.