The Yard Milkshake Bar opens up in downtown Auburn

<p>The front view of the The Yard Milkshake Bar on North College Street in Auburn, Alabama on June 26, 2022.</p>

The front view of the The Yard Milkshake Bar on North College Street in Auburn, Alabama on June 26, 2022.

Downtown Auburn’s newest addition is The Yard Milkshake Bar. The Yard's official Instagram announced on April 26 that The Yard would be opening a new location in Auburn, Alabama, thanks to the three owners: Jamie Jones, Cole Bass and Blake Raul. 

The three owners and long-time friends were “hanging out having dinner one night and decided to open one of these up in Auburn,” Jones said. This summer, their idea has finally come to fruition. 

The Auburn location held its grand opening weekend on Saturday, June 25 and Sunday, June 26. 

The owners are excited to integrate into the Downtown Auburn community. Jones said he loves Auburn and the Auburn community. He has been a season ticket holder for years and cannot wait to share his love of Auburn through milkshakes. 

When football and basketball season arrive, Jones said, “Our hours will fluctuate depending on what is happening in town.” To best support Auburn and its needs, the crew does not plan to ever have set hours. However, the general hours that the store plans to be open are from noon to 10:00 p.m. 

"If there is an event happening downtown that we need to be open until midnight, we will be here until midnight,” he said.

Many businesses in downtown Auburn close early, but The Yard plans to be the exception to accommodate people who are out later into the evening. Jones said The Yard will be a family-friendly place that “mom, dad, grandma and grandpa can all enjoy.”

The Yard in Auburn will serve a signature milkshake called “Get Your Roll On” to represent Auburn’s community. Inspired by Toomer's Corner's oaks after a game-day win, the blue and orange milkshake will be topped with a pretzel with white chocolate drizzle. This shake will also be served with a cake pop, which are unique to the Auburn location. 

This signature shake will be served in The Yard mason jar. After finishing their milkshake, customers can rinse their jar in the sink and take it home as a souvenir. 

Jones, Bass and Raul are looking forward to growing their business and serving the Auburn community one milkshake at a time.

Share and discuss “The Yard Milkshake Bar opens up in downtown Auburn” on social media.