Auburn quarterback arrested, posts bail

Tj-Finley practing throws during warmups

Updated: Aug. 4 4:46 p.m. with information from the Auburn Police Department. 

Auburn University football player T.J. Finley has been charged by the Auburn Police Division with attempting to elude an officer, which is classified as a misdemeanor. 

In late July, Finley received a traffic violation, in which he was cited for failure to wear a helmet while riding a moped. According to a press release from the Auburn Police, they performed traffic stops on two separate occasions near the area of Heisman and South Donahue Drive. 

Finley fled from the police and committed other traffic offenses in the process. The pursuit was ended both times due to concerns over public safety. 

He turned himself in to Auburn police Thursday morning, after being told there was a warrant for his arrest. 

Finley was booked and then quickly released on a $3,000 bond. The case is set to go before the Auburn Municipal Court. 

Bryan Harsin opened the team's fall camp with a press conference, which landed just hours after WRBL first reported the arrest. Finley was seen at the Auburn Athletics facility before the day's press conferences began. 

"He was here. He'll be here tonight. He'll practice tomorrow," Harsin said. "We're aware of what's going on."

Finley will be entering fall camp with a battle to earn his starting position. Transfers Robby Ashford and Zach Calzada are in contention for Auburn's quarterback spot and a major part of fall camp will be which of those players separates himself from the pack.

Destini Ambus | Editor-in-Chief

Destini Ambus, senior in journalism, pursuing a minor in sociology is the editor-in-chief of The Auburn Plainsman.

dya0003@auburn.edu

@destiniamb 

Callie Stanford | Sports Editor

Callie Stanford, junior in communications, is the sports editor at the Auburn Plainsman. Currently a junior, she has been with The Plainsman since January 2021.

Twitter: @Stanford1Callie

Share and discuss “Auburn quarterback arrested, posts bail” on social media.