Plainsman's Choice 2023 Best Burger: Niffer's Place

<p>Niffer's Place&nbsp;in Auburn, Alabama.</p>

Niffer's Place in Auburn, Alabama.

In Auburn, Alabama, there are plenty of good eating choices to make. However, for this year's Plainsman Choice, the the people of Auburn chose Niffer's Place as the best burger in the city.

Since 1991, Niffer's Place has been serving the people of Auburn with large hamburgers as its main claim to fame. Niffer's Place has three locations in the state, with one in Opelika and another in Dadeville in addition to the Auburn location.

Niffer's Place is located on Opelika Road with the parking lot usually full. Inside there is always a large amount of hungry customers, no matter the day or time. Auburn's Niffer's Place was opened by Keely Beasecker, an Auburn University alumna. 

Niffer's Place pays homage to Auburn legends of the past by naming burgers after these well-known figures. Burgers like The Pearl, named after Auburn basketball head coach Bruce Pearl, The Bramblett, named in honor of the late Auburn play-by-play announcer Rod Bramblett, and more can be found on the menu.

The colorful menu invites the customer in with a fun and simple font style. Alongside the hamburgers, you can order salads, wraps and a large variety of other foods. These are labeled as the "Little Bit of Everything" section of the menu. You can also grab alcohol alongside any one of these items. 

Another special menu item to many customers is the corn nuggets appetizer, a simple yet enjoyable dish served with a side of honey mustard.  

When you walk in, you are greeted with a new dining area that was recently updated. On the walls, you will see a variety of signatures in different colors and messaging. People from all around the South love to make a trip to Auburn. They may be in town for a football game, but all locals will recommend making a stop at Niffer's Place. 

You can come in and watch a game on one of the TVs in the restaurant. You can also sit outside if you want to enjoy the sunset on a beautiful Auburn summer evening. 

One of Niffer's Place's slogans is "Eat Here! Relax here," and that certainly is a great way to describe this local legendary business. This staple of Auburn culture has served many and will look to continue for years to come. 

TP Hammock | Sports Writer

TP is a senior from Montgomery, Alabama, majoring in journalism. He started with The Plainsman in fall 2022.

Twitter: @tp_hammock

Share and discuss “Plainsman's Choice 2023 Best Burger: Niffer's Place” on social media.