Plainsman's Choice 2023 Best Pizza: Little Italy

<p>The front-door sign of East Magnolia's Little Italy Pizzeria, the Plainsman's Choice for Best Pizza around the Auburn community on March 30, 2022.</p>

The front-door sign of East Magnolia's Little Italy Pizzeria, the Plainsman's Choice for Best Pizza around the Auburn community on March 30, 2022.

In the heart of downtown Auburn, there is an extremely popular pizza place that stays open late and offers the people of Auburn an affordable option for a meal.

For the second straight year,  Plainsman's Choice for best pizza is the Little Italy Pizzeria.

Little Italy has eight different specialty pizzas including Meat Lovers and the Little Italy Special. The restaurant also gives customers the option to build their own pizza. Little Italy allows its customers to buy its New York-style pizza by the slice or by the pie and has 31 different topping options.

While the restaurant is mostly known for its pizza, the Italian-style restaurant offers multiple food options other than pizza. With foods like hot Italian subs, deli subs, calzones, stromboli and salads, Little Italy has a plethora of foods for different people.

To top off your meal, Little Italy offers a handful of desserts like Oreo cheesecake, tiramisu, cannoli and chocolate cannoli.

According to Little Italy's website, the restaurant offers two lunch specials that run from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and a pitcher special with nine beers to choose from which runs from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.

Besides its tasty food, another reason Auburn residents love Little Italy is its late-night hours. On Monday through Thursday, Little Italy is open from 11 a.m. until 2 a.m. and on Friday and Saturday, the restaurant is open until 3 a.m. Sunday is the only day of the week Little Italy does not stay open past midnight as the restaurant opens at 11 a.m. and closes at 9 p.m.

Even new head football coach Hugh Freeze endorses Little Italy. The 10-year head coach called the restaurant "incredible" in his press conference on March 27.

Whether someone heads to Little Italy because of the food or because of the words of the Tigers' head football coach, The Plainsman's readers believe they will get the best pizza in Auburn.

Jacob Waters | Assistant Sports Editor

Jacob Waters is a junior majoring in journalism. From Leeds, Alabama, he started with The Plainsman in fall 2021.

Twitter: @JacobWaters_

Share and discuss “Plainsman's Choice 2023 Best Pizza: Little Italy” on social media.