Former Ohio State WR transfers to Auburn

An Auburn football rests on a table at the final day of SEC Media Days in Atlanta, Georgia, on July 21, 2022

Dominoes keep falling for Auburn in the transfer portal.

A day after landing a commitment from Michigan State quarterback Payton Thorne, former Ohio State wide receiver Caleb Burton announced his commitment to Auburn on social media. Burton visited Auburn last weekend.

Burton spent one season with the Buckeyes where he did not record a stat his freshman season and took a redshirt. Now, the Texas native gets a fresh start on the Plains.

The 5-foot-11, 169-pound receiver was a top-200 recruit nationally in the 2022 recruiting class according to the 247Sports composite rankings.

Burton's addition to Auburn is an important one as head coach Hugh Freeze stated in spring practices he was looking to add a couple more receivers to his room through the portal.

Burton joins Cincinnati transfer Nick Mardner as receivers Auburn has added through the portal under Freeze. Auburn has lost two receivers to the portal, Tar'varish Dawson Jr. and Landen King, in the spring transfer portal cycle, making Burton's commitment even more important.

Jacob Waters | Assistant Sports Editor

Jacob Waters is a junior majoring in journalism. From Leeds, Alabama, he started with The Plainsman in fall 2021.

Twitter: @JacobWaters_

Share and discuss “Former Ohio State WR transfers to Auburn” on social media.