Botanic’s Got Talent is back for a second year

<p>Auburn community members sitting outside for lunch at Botanic in April of 2023.&nbsp;</p>

Auburn community members sitting outside for lunch at Botanic in April of 2023. 

This Sunday, Oct. 1, Botanic in Opelika is hosted its second annual Botanic’s Got Talent starting at 5 p.m. Over 35 contestants participated in front of judges, showcasing their talent to the Auburn community. 

The competition takes place in three rounds. The first round took place on Oct. 1, and two more rounds will follow on Oct. 4 and 27. Participants were able to sign up for the past month and a half, and the sign ups closed on Sept. 27 at 3 p.m.

Carson Evans, head of development at Botanic, offered more insight into what types of talent people can expect at this event.

“This year, we've got a magician who's coming to audition. We have a yo-yoer who will be also participating in the competition. Then several singer-songwriters, a handful that are performing original songs,” Evans said.

Mrs. Fuller, one of the fan favorites was a final four contestant last year. She will be making a comeback as one of the five judges this year as a guest judge for Botanic's Got Talent after she blew everyone away with her talent.

Botanic's bar will be open throughout all rounds of the event, as well as the market where people can enjoy a a variety of pastries. Drinks will be available on the patio during all rounds. During the second and third rounds, people can enjoy chips and salsa and charcuterie boards at their tables. 

Evans explained the significance this event has on him and Botanic. 

“Personally, I've always loved watching game shows with my family. So, we wanted to kind of create the opportunity to set up a local stage and make that happen for some people. It's just fun,” Evans said. “We just want to help be a source for the Auburn community and consider creating a place where everyone can come together and enjoy the environment.”

The audience will have the opportunity to choose who wins the final round on Oct. 27. The winner of Botanic’s Got Talent will go home with a $5,000 cash prize this year.

This event will be taking place on the patio outside, so be prepared to dress appropriately for the weather.

Botanic will continue hosting events throughout the month of October. The Fall Festival will take place on Oct. 7 where people can enjoy plenty of fun fall activities. There will be photo opportunities and hayrides available.

More information about all of the events at Botanic can be found on their website or on Auburn-Opelika Tourism's website.

Share and discuss “Botanic’s Got Talent is back for a second year” on social media.