4-star cornerback Devin Williams commits to Auburn

<p>Auburn Head Coach Hugh Freeze thanks the fans against Samford at Jordan Hare Stadium on September 16, 2023.</p>

Auburn Head Coach Hugh Freeze thanks the fans against Samford at Jordan Hare Stadium on September 16, 2023.

Hugh Freeze continues to build Auburn football’s class of 2025 with the commitment of 4-star cornerback Devin Williams Monday evening.

Williams announced his commitment to the Tigers on X.

Williams joined a seventh-rated overall class in the country and became the ninth commit of the class, along with the first defensive back of the group. 

The 14th-rated cornerback per 247Sports in the class held many offers, including the reigning national champions Michigan and SEC rivals Alabama, LSU, Arkansas, Florida, Kentucky, Mississippi State and others. 

The native of Buford, Georgia, attends Buford High School and is listed at 5-foot-11 and 165 pounds. Williams is the 113th overall prospect in 2025 and the 18th-best prospect in the state of Georgia.

Williams was recruited by defensive backs coach Wesley McGriff and co-defensive coordinator Charles Kelly and becomes the sixth Tiger in the class of 2025 on the defensive side of the ball. 

In 2023, the defensive back flashed versatility playing both ways for the 11-1 Buford Wolves, getting playing time at wide receiver with 5-star Nebraska commit Dylan Raoila. He also has experience running track, participating in the 100 and 200-meter dashes.  

Freeze adds another piece in what could be another top-10 class for Auburn football.

Craig Noyes | Sports Writer

Craig Noyes is a junior from Kensington, Maryland, majoring in journalism. He joined The Plainsman in January 2023.

Twitter: @craignoyes58

Share and discuss “4-star cornerback Devin Williams commits to Auburn” on social media.