Ben Ruffin | Intrigue Writer

Articles

Performing arts prove to be positive

For her senior English class, Hannah O’Brien, freshman in communications disorders, researched and studied boys in the South and their participation in choir.  She found that participating in the arts has nearly all positive effects.

Old Dominion talks achievements

Perhaps Old Dominion was overlooked by a number of concert attendees as they performed fresh off being named the Academy of Country Music’s best new duo/vocal group for 2016.

Students propose donating TigerCard money

Richard McBride, senior in supply chain management, first had the idea of turning the left over money into an event where students could turn that money into cash and spend it at that event, which would then be given to a charity.

Music and its effects on studying

Every day, students face a number of distractions competing for their attention at the library or at their respective study place. One tactic students typically use to drown out those distractions is through music, which can be utilized to get a persons focus back on track. However, sometimes that’s not the case.

Bass fishing team ranks third nationally

Every spring, the softball and baseball teams take to their diamonds along with women’s soccer as they take to their field in order to seek the elusive national title.

Alumni inducted into Engineering Hall of Fame

The Alabama Engineering Hall of Fame welcomed five new members in its 2016 induction ceremony nearly two weeks ago. Out of the five inductees, four were in love with the same entity: their alma mater, Auburn University. 

Professor's book to be produced by Universal

Playing a round of golf at Clint Eastwood’s private golf club, Tehama Golf Club in Carmel, California is a rare opportunity for some, and not even an option for many.  However, playing a round of golf with Eastwood on his own golf course is even more rare. For James Hansen, history professor at Auburn, both of these situations became a reality years back.

Nelda Lee reflects on career and first F-15 flight

Nelda Lee never set out to receive awards for her work in the engineering and aviation field. Instead, she was focused on her education and applying such education to her field of work, and along the way she just so happened to land a number of awards and recognitions.

Spring back into school

Returning from a vacation and starting work immediately can be a daunting task for many people and the same goes for a number of students returning to school at Auburn this week.

Opelika teen invents million dollar company

While many teenagers look forward to leaving baseball practice to go home, one Opelika teenager looks forward to going to work. Still in his baseball practice attire, Taylor Rosenthal, freshman at Opelika High School, enters the doors at the Round House in Opelika ready to work on bettering his business. As an eighth-grader at Opelika Middle School, Taylor devised the idea for first-aid vending machines in his Young Entrepreneurs Academy class sponsored by the Opelika Chamber of Commerce. Fast-forward a few months and Taylor serves as founder and CEO of RecMed, a first-aid vending machine company that was officially granted its patent in October.

Media