Ben Ruffin | Intrigue Writer

The Auburn Plainsman
Lifestyle

Music and its effects on studying

Every day, students face a number of distractions competing for their attention at the library or at their respective study place. One tactic students typically use to drown out those distractions is through music, which can be utilized to get a persons focus back on track. However, sometimes that’s not the case.

The Auburn Plainsman
News

Professor's book to be produced by Universal

Playing a round of golf at Clint Eastwood’s private golf club, Tehama Golf Club in Carmel, California is a rare opportunity for some, and not even an option for many.  However, playing a round of golf with Eastwood on his own golf course is even more rare. For James Hansen, history professor at Auburn, both of these situations became a reality years back.

The Auburn Plainsman
Lifestyle

Opelika teen invents million dollar company

While many teenagers look forward to leaving baseball practice to go home, one Opelika teenager looks forward to going to work. Still in his baseball practice attire, Taylor Rosenthal, freshman at Opelika High School, enters the doors at the Round House in Opelika ready to work on bettering his business. As an eighth-grader at Opelika Middle School, Taylor devised the idea for first-aid vending machines in his Young Entrepreneurs Academy class sponsored by the Opelika Chamber of Commerce. Fast-forward a few months and Taylor serves as founder and CEO of RecMed, a first-aid vending machine company that was officially granted its patent in October.

More articles »

More media »