Devin Rutland/ Staff Writer

The Auburn Plainsman
Sports

Basketball Season is Ready to Tip Off

Auburn Women's Basketball team opens play Sunday with an exhibition game against Georgia College and State University.The Tigers ended the 2008-2009 regular season with a 29-3 record along with the SEC Championship before going to the second round of the playoffs, finishing the season with a 30-4 record.Auburn has already had to change its starting line up due to early injuries.At the end of July, sophomore guard Morgan Jennings, who was a projected point guard for this year, tore her ACL and is undergoing rehabilitation, and junior guard Reneisha Hobbs tore her ACL Oct.

The Auburn Plainsman
Sports

Soccer Sweethearts kick off fall season

The Soccer Sweethearts recently named their 2009-2010 members and have begun preparing for the fall 2009 soccer season.The primary function of the Auburn Soccer Sweethearts is to support Auburn club men's soccer."There is no funding from the school, so we have to fundraise," said Sweetheart Laura Garikes.

The Auburn Plainsman
Sports

Rugby Club Starts the Season, Still Looking For Numbers

Auburn University's Rugby Club has become known as both one of the oldest on campus and one that constantly brings in a new interest group to learn the game, because of those factors and the adrenaline received from playing.The existence of the Rugby Club is based to promote the sport and culture of rugby football in the Auburn community.Though it is extremely demanding and fast paced, there is not a specific limit in body type or size, nor is previous experience in Rugby is required.

More articles »