Nicole Loggins / WRITER

Milaika Pickard, Keshonda Carrier, Alli Smalley and Sierra Sims volunteer at the Summer J.A.M. at the AUMC. (CONTRIBUTED)
News

Auburn athletes give back

Cory Luckie is busy with baseball practices, the biomedical sciences curriculum and sorting through potential medical schools. Despite a hectic schedule, he makes time to give back to the Auburn community.

The Auburn Plainsman
News

Citizens Will Bid Farewell to Summer at Town Creek Park

As anyone who has ever dreaded back-to-school sales knows, August is about saying goodbye to summer.Auburn residents are saying their goodbyes to summer in the form of an evening block party at Town Creek Park. The Farewell Summer Block Party will be held August 5 at 6 p.m. The festivities include live music, door prizes and goody bags full of coupons donated by local businesses.

The Auburn Plainsman
Sports

Football Players Learn Teambuilding Through Summer Workouts

While many Auburn students are lounging around in a pool and dragging themselves to summer classes, football players are spending their summer intensely preparing for the upcoming season.The team trains Monday through Friday, starting at 5 a.m., for roughly two hours. Highly recruited five-star freshman running back Michael Dyer is practicing alongside a bevy of seasoned athletes, but says he doesn't get intimidated.

The Auburn Plainsman
News

How to Perfect Your Resume

Fitting your entire college experience and work history on one piece of paper may not be as simple as it seems. For students, a resume is the gateway to a future career. It can improve your prospective job opportunities or tarnish them.

The Auburn Plainsman
News

Auburn Train Depot Listed as a Place in Peril

The Auburn Train Depot, built in 1904, has been placed on the list of Alabama's most endangered historical sites. Since 1994, theAlabama Historical Commission (AHC) and the Alabama Trust for Historic Preservation have sponsored the Places in Peril program. The program's goal is to make communities aware of historic buildings, like the AuburnTrain Depot, that have been condemned and neglected.

The Auburn Plainsman
News

The Bars of Summer

Whether lounging at the library or the pool during the day, students have downtown Auburn to provide entertaining evenings at a variety of venues. Bars like Quixote's, Bourbon Street and 17-16 are welcoming summer students with drink and food specials.

More articles »