Chicken Salad Chick is now open in Foy Hall

<p>Kevin Brown (fourth from right) passed away Saturday, Nov. 21.&nbsp;(Emily Enfinger | Photo Editor)</p>

Kevin Brown (fourth from right) passed away Saturday, Nov. 21. (Emily Enfinger | Photo Editor)

Chicken Salad Chick's ribbon cutting ceremony was held Tuesday, Feb. 10 at 9:30 a.m., and the restaurant officially opened at 10 a.m.
Glenn Loughridge, director of campus dining, said he is glad Auburn is partnering with a local brand.
"The desire to have a Chicken Salad Chick started with students," Loughridge said. "We heard it from students and from faculty and staff. It's a uniquely Auburn brand. This is a group of people who are really dedicated to giving back to Auburn."
The venue will be crowded for a while, according to Loughridge.
"I think the turnout will be incredible," Loughridge said. "From everything I've heard the lines are going to be out the door. But I think it will even out and things will start to move faster as people learn patterns."
Stacy Brown, founder and vice president of brand development for Chicken Salad Chick, said students' families are the reason Chicken Salad Chick expanded.
"Auburn students are the reason Chicken Salad Chick franchised," Brown said. "We were just a little hole in the wall. It was Auburn students who brought their families to see us and it was their families that requested franchising."
Earlon McWhorter, vice president of market development for Chicken Salad Chick and member of the Auburn Board of Trustees from 2001-2009, cut the ribbon.
"The students were demanding it," McWhorter said. "It's a very exciting day for Chicken Salad Chick to be on campus."

Share and discuss “Chicken Salad Chick is now open in Foy Hall” on social media.