Auburn tabs Carry as VP for Student Affairs

Ainsley Carry was appointed Vice President of Student Affairs Friday.

As the Vice President of Student Affairs, Carry will work closely with Dean of Students Johnny Green.

"We are excited to welcome Carry to the Auburn family as he brings with him a demonstrated passion for working with students and student programs as well as developing student leaders," said Auburn University President Jay Gogue in a press release. "His tenure as an administrator at other Southeastern Conference institutions, combined with his experience in the area of strategic planning, will prove invaluable for leading Auburn's division of student affairs."

Carry received his bachelor's degree in food and resource economics from the University of Florida in 1993, his master's degree in counselor education from the University of Florida in 1995, and his Ed. D. in higher education administration from the University of Florida in 1998. He will receive his executive masters in business administration from Temple University in 2010.

Carry has been the associate vice president and dean of students at Temple University since 2007.

He supervises 10 departments including judicial affairs, new student orientation, Greek life, student media, student leadership programs, SGA and housing and residence life. He manages a $66 million budget, $41 of which go toward housing. Carry also allocated more than $1.5 million in general activity fees to student and programs.

He is in charge of Temple's Alcohol Task Force and more than 50 alcohol-abuse prevention programs.

Carry was assistant vice president for the division of student affairs at the University of Florida from 2006-2007. He was chair of six division-wide committees and managed three publications. He was also the associate dean of students at the University of Arkansas from 2001-2004.

Carry has been a trustee for LeaderShape Inc. since 2008 and a member of the National Association of Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education since 1994. He was a national chair for the Knowledge Community for Student Leadership Programs from 2004-2006, and a member of the American College Personnel Association from 2006-2007.

Share and discuss “Auburn tabs Carry as VP for Student Affairs” on social media.