Tiger Fan Day 2009 Scheduled for Aug. 16

Auburn's fans are some of the most enthusiastic in the nation when it comes to supporting their team, so it's no wonder the school celebrates a day just for them.

Auburn's annual Fan Day is scheduled for Sunday, Aug. 16 from 2-4 p.m. at Jordan-Hare stadium. The event is sponsored by Golden Flake Foods and is free admission for all guests.

Fans who come out will have a chance to meet football head coach Gene Chizik and the rest of the Auburn football team, as well as the Auburn cheerleaders and Tiger Paws. The soccer and volleyball teams will also be attending.

"Our fans are very important to us and we want to give them a chance to meet the players," said Jeremy Rogers, director of athletic operations.

It wouldn't be a fan event, of course, without everyone's favorite Auburn fan, Aubie the Tiger. He and the rest of the attendees will be available to sign autographs.

On Fan Day, fans should enter the stadium from the west side, unless they are interested in getting Chizik's autograph in which case, they should enter the stadium through Gate 11 on the west side. There will be no access to Chizik's line inside the stadium.

The Auburn offense will be staged on the south concourse, while the defense will be staged on the north concourse. The Auburn cheerleaders, Tiger Paws, soccer and volleyball teams and Aubie will be staged on the west concourse.

The east concourse and upper decks will be closed, as will access to the inner bowl of Jordan-Hare Stadium and the field.

Concessions and restrooms on the west concourse will be open for public use.

Auburn 2009 Football Media Guides and Auburn game-worn football jerseys will also be available for purchase.

Last year's event brought out about 4500 fans, and Roberts said he anticipates more this year because everyone will want to meet the new coach.

Gates will open at 1:45 p.m.

Share and discuss “Tiger Fan Day 2009 Scheduled for Aug. 16” on social media.