Auburn Football Gets a Facelift for Fans

After the first three games of this football season, fans might have noticed several improvements in and around Jordan-Hare Stadium.

Tiger gamedays will now feature GuestAssist, Tiger Alley and Tailgate guys, which have been incorporated for a more fan-friendly experience.

Auburn is the first NCAA school to implement GuestAssist, which is currently used by a number of major sports franchises and facilities throughout North America.

GuestAssist provides instant two-way text messaging based communication between fans and event staff, allowing for improved management of safety, security and guest services.

Auburn fans will now be able to express their concerns or requests via their mobile phone to the command and control center at Jordan-Hare. For stadium assistance, or to report an issue on gamedays, text the word AUBURN followed by a message and location to 78247.

Auburn Associate Athletic Director Jeff Steele said Auburn selected GuestAssist because of its proven track record in the National Football League and Major League Baseball, and are proud to be the first college in the U.S. to offer the service.

Tiger Alley will feature several food vendors in a row and will be located on Roosevelt between Donahue and Coliseum drives. Chick-fil-A, Johnny Bruscos, Niffer's, Tiger Ice-shaved ice and Sweet Shop will all have stands at Tiger Alley giving fans additional food options outside the stadium.

Some additional enhancements for fans will include nine ATM machines outside the stadium, large ventilation fans in the north club, south club and northwest main concourse, new graphic designs on the video and ribbon boards and hand sanitizer pumps at each concession stand, condiment station and stadium gates.

The food court in the Student Center will be open on gameday several hours prior to kickoff and remain open several hours after the game.

The Tiger Team Village has been renamed the Coca-Cola FanFest, although the location will remain the same.

For the students there are improvements as well. There are double the amount of card swipes at the student entrances which will speed up the time it takes for students to enter the stadium.

To add to the outside appearance of the stadium, Auburn has put up new graphics highlighting the Tiger's five major award winners--Bo Jackson, Carlos Rogers, Tracy Rocker, Pat Sullivan and Zeke Smith on the south side of the stadium.

Share and discuss “Auburn Football Gets a Facelift for Fans” on social media.